We were appalled and saddened to learn of the discovery of the remains of children at several residential schools across Canada. The news of this unthinkable loss is a heartbreaking reminder of the dark side of our nation's past and our collective need to continue to work towards rectifying past injustices and healing the ongoing intergenerational impacts that continue to this day.
We support Indigenous leaders in calling for a deeper examination of the residential school system to foster truth and reconciliation. Our thoughts are with all our Indigenous brothers and sisters, friends and clients across Canada.
To learn more about the residential school experience and the treatment of Indigenous Peoples in Canada or to read the Principles of Reconciliation put forward by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada, please visit the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation at https://nctr.ca/.
Your Trusted Partner
Empowering you to make the best decisions for your community
The needs of Indigenous communities are unique. When it comes to making investment decisions that not only meet cultural and traditional values of the community, but also the financial goals, our team can help.
For almost 20 years, Beutel Goodman has been a trusted partner of Indigenous communities. We have worked directly with many First Nations’ trustees to help communities better understand the investing principles that achieve the financial objectives of their trust portfolio. Our team recognizes that different communities can have different needs, and we understand the importance of not only servicing the needs of today, but also preparing for the generations to come.
We believe in empowering Indigenous Canadians within their communities, and we proudly support a number of organizations which support this goal.
- As founding members of the National Aboriginal Trust Officers Association (NATOA), we have contributed to Indigenous investment and trust management workshops as speakers and sponsors for many years.
- We are corporate members of the Aboriginal Financial Officers Association of Canada (AFOA).
- We have a long-standing relationship with the Native Canadian Centre of Toronto and we have participated in Indigenous cultural awareness seminars as well as many First Nations ceremonies.
- We are also proud co‐sponsors of an Aboriginal scholarship awarded each year to support Aboriginal students studying at the University of Toronto in the Faculty of Social Work.
Helping Indigenous communities manage their wealth to care for the needs of today, and seven generations forward.
- Partnering with Indigenous communities for over 15 years
- Managing nearly $1 billion on behalf of Indigenous clients
- Proud supporters of Indigenous organizations and education
We proudly support Indigenous programming
Our Beutel Goodman Indigenous Services Team is responsible for servicing the needs of the firm’s Indigenous clients. To chat with one of our team members about your investment needs contact [email protected].
Steven Smith, CFA
Senior Vice President, Private Client Group
Jeff Young, MBA, CFA
Managing Director, Private Client Group
Simon Phillips, CIM
Vice President, Private Client Group
Vice President, Client Service & Business Development
Craig Auwaerter, MBA, CFA
Senior Vice President, Client Service & Business Development